Field Sampling Technician Job Description
We are seeking an Field Sampling Technician to join our assessment team. This is a new full-time position, which will become permanent following a temporary probation period.
- attending customer sites across the UK to gather air, particulate and biological samples
- maintaining, operating and calibrating field sampling equipment
- recording and interpreting field sample data
- reporting results and making recommendations to customers (following training)
- following Company methods, SOPs and safe systems of work.
The ideal candidate will:
- be educated in a relevant science subject at A-Level (or equivalent) or have previous experience working within a laboratory environment or in the waste industry
- be flexible and adaptable as early starts, late finishes and overnight stays will occasionally be required
- have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of the team
- have a customer focus and be able to work with site personnel at all levels
- be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- hold a full, clean driving license.
We are able to offer a flexible 36.5 hour working week (Monday-Friday), 25-days annual leave (rising to 30-days with service) plus additional national holidays, company phone and use of a company vehicle.
If you would like to be considered for the position of Field Sampling Technician, please email your CV together with a covering letter to Kimberley.Roberts@dandfassociates.co.uk
About D&F Associates
Established in 1999, D&F Associates Ltd is based at Shell Green House on Gorsey Lane in Widnes, Cheshire. D&F Associates operate a nationally approved laboratory specialising in the analysis of compost and recycled waste products. We also undertake occupational and environmental assessments at customer sites across the UK.